

We went trick-or-treating, traditional, door to door style. I was pretty excited about that. I think that way can be a lot more fun then just a giant gathering at a church or something.

We started out early so we could beat the cold that never came (it was about 50 degrees!).
Hayden was hilarious, because he couldn't move his arms much, so he was unable to put candy from one hand in to his bucket in the other. He couldn't reach doorbells either, so we'd go up to the door, I'd ring the bell, then make sure at houses where he was able to choose candy, I'd have to take it from him and put it in his bucket, otherwise it ended up on the ground, every time! Once Hayden figured the system out (after about 3-4 houses), he started to say the most adorable things like, "Thank you Sir." or "Thank you Mommy" (to a very pregnant woman) "Thank you kid" (to a teenager).
My favorite that happened a few times, "Thank you Honey!" hahaha oops! He also started saying "Happy Halloween" at every single door after he'd say thank you. After a while when we had some houses with Christmas-style lights, and he started saying "Happy Halloween, Happy Christmas".
He'd heard it so much through the night, that he started telling people, "I LOVE your costume!", even to people who weren't dressed up! He was so animated, having so much fun, and was cracking everyone up.
Dirk decided at the last minute to grab his machete to go with the shirt he was wearing. One of the first costumes we saw last night was a really gross zombie who was more than happy to pose for a picture! The hunter and the hunted...

At the end of the 2 hour walk, covering about 15 blocks, my feet were tired and Hayden informed us he was all done and wanted to go home. He sat in the wagon, practically frozen in place by his costume, and kept saying over and over, "This was a great day!".

Hope you all had a fun and Happy Halloween!
4 comments:
What a little charmer!! I am glad you guys had a good Halloween!
Oh I totally miss the little guy. Glad he had so much fun. I think he looks great in his costume. Awesome Job!
He looks so cute, I love the robot costume! It is so creative! He is just too adorable!
Going trick-or-treating with little ones can be so entertaining! I'm looking forward to those days. Hayden is adorable!
Post a Comment