Hayden spilled the beans on Dirk's birthday and Father's Day gifts! The kid kept the secret safe for a total of 3 hours. Now Hayden's asking me what the other gifts are and PROMISES not to tell Daddy. Yeah right! So Dirk got a few gifts a couple weeks early this morning. I think Hayden just didn't want to have to wait to play with them!
Here is how the secret telling went down (in Dirk's words)...
So today Laura and Hayden went shopping and came home with presents for me for my B-day and Father's day. This evening while I was getting dinner for the kids Hayden said that we need to play squirt guns when it gets warm again. I wasn't really listening to him and so he kept talking and said that once we move to Medford we need to play with the Hammers in the back yard too. That is when I finally started listening...
"Wait, what?" I said.
"Yeah the hammers and balls that we bought you to play with in the back yard in Medford."
"Wait, Hayden did you just tell me what you and Mommy bought me today?" I asked.
"Yeah a squirt gun, and the hammers and balls."
"Croquet?"
"Ummmm....yeah. Oh and table tennis."
Thankfully, Dirk loves his gifts and has even more surprises on the way. It's supposed to be really nice this weekend so I'll try and get some pictures of the new presents in action!
1 comment:
You never, never trust the children, Laura. Ever. ;)
Post a Comment