Sorry about the lack of posting. Yes we're still alive. We made it to Montana, Saturday evening, just in time to dye some Easter eggs, have a yummy dinner with the family, and have the hunt. We've been busy and lazy since we've been here. We're tying up some job stuff, but neither of us have started working yet. We still haven't sold our house in Texas, but I assure you as soon as we hear something you will too, because I'll be much too excited to keep it to myself.
Our last two days of our trip were spent hiking and exploring Arches National Park. We had so much fun. Hayden was absolutely in love with the big rocks. We took a million pictures and spent most of the day. Then we drove that afternoon up to Provo and stayed with my sister Erin and her husband Lars, who happens to be Dirk's best friend and ex-roommate. My other sister Megan and her boys and my brother Brinton also live in town, so it was a big family get together for about a day and a half. It was lots of fun. I got to meet Brinton's girlfriend, Josie, who is absolutely adorable and lots of fun. And of course we got to hang out with my best bud and ex-roommate, Julie. We also managed to squeeze in lunch at a Samoan restaurant with our friends Chris and Zoila from Texas (who were there visiting family). I also got to go to a BYU ballroom dance performance, for free of course (thanks to Erin). I really miss being able to attend all kinds of arts and cultural events there in Utah. Did you know the BYU ballroom dance team has been undefeated in competitions since 1982??!!! They're good! It was a very packed stay in Provo with lots of fun talking and eating, and staying up late.
It is so nice to be back in Montana again. It was a little weird at first to be telling people I'm now living here in town instead of just visiting this time. We attempted to get our drivers license, but forgot our birth certificates (oops!).... We're getting a little done here and there, but I think mostly we're still in vacation mode. I feel like my body is trying to break down on me, so I figure I'll take it easy until we start working.
Here's some pics from the last week.
3 comments:
How fun that you met up with Zoila and Chris in Utah How appropriate that it was at a Samoan restaurant. Looks like Hayden is having a great time there. Miss you all!
Welcome home! How's everything going? The other counselor in Relief Society wants to buy a house in San Antonio, so I sent her your blog for your house. I'll let you know if she says anything to me. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you! She'd love your house as much as you'd love to sell it! Hi to your family for me please!
Your little guy is such a cutie!! Love the Easter pics. The Arches is one of my husband's favorite places to visit. Lovely pics! Glad to know you made it safe and sound--moving is so draining--physically and mentally!
Post a Comment